The Ford F-150 vs. the Chevrolet Silverado
The Ford F-150 is the industry-leading truck with a strong following and loyal fan base. The Chevrolet Silverado truck has its dedicated supporters, too, but the F-150 comes out on top with the design, features, and overall drive. Let’s take a look at how the two trucks compare.
The Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado both offer spartan-based models. You can also choose from a variety of trims, upscale cabins, and new features.
- The Ford F-150 has comfortable front seats. The crew cab models offer plenty of room for three adults across the back seat, so you will not be squished. The F-150 has leather heated and ventilated seats—there is even a massaging function. You can also have a dual-pane sunroof.
- The Chevy Silverado is spacious with a large cabin. However, you have to purchase the highest end Silverado to receive luxurious trim. While the Silverado has creature comforts—navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and adjustable pedals—the F-150 outweighs the interior options here.
When it comes to trucks, cargo space is important. After all, it is one of the main reasons why people purchase a truck in the first place. Bed and cab configurations are important to look at when determining what vehicle is right for you. While both options are available in single cab, extended cab, and four-door crew cab editions, there are differences in the combinations that both trucks offer.
- The Ford F-150 has 9 available bed/cab configurations. It also offers the crew cab/long-bed configuration.
- The Chevy Silverado offers 5 bed/cab configurations.
If you are privy to towing—whether the weight is minimum or max capacity—it’s important to make sure that your truck can handle it. The F-150 can tow more weight. It also comes with the innovative Trailer Backup Assist, taking out the mental algebra when using a backup trailer.
- The F-150 can tow up to 13,200 pounds with an additional 3,270 payload pounds.
- The Silverado has a max towing capacity of 12,500 pounds and a payload capacity of 2,250 pounds.
These comparisons are just a few reasons that show us how superior a Ford F-150 truck can be. Efficiency, drivability, and safety—the F-150 is the truck for you when you are ready for your new vehicle purchase. Whether you are looking for the latest technology under the hood or in the cabin, you will find it in a Ford F-150 truck. If you are interested in learning more about the Ford F-150, contact our team at Hawk Ford St. Charles to set up a test drive!