The Ford F-150 vs. the Ram 1500
The industry-leading Ford F-150 truck has a strong following and loyal fan base and fair pricing. Both trucks have an interior cabin with comfort features like heated seats in the Ram 1500 and heated and ventilated power ten-way driver seat in the Ford F-150. The 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 is all new with a massive overhaul and updated features, but the F-150 luxury and safety are two, amongst many, reasons the F-150 is superior. Here is more information about how the two vehicles compare in major areas.
When buying a truck, it’s important to look into the towing capacity. Whether the weight of what you are towing is minimum or max capacity, it’s important to make sure that your truck can handle it. While the towing capacity comes in pretty close with these trucks, F-150 has a heavier advantage.
- The F-150 provides an incredible towing capacity. The maximum ability that they can tow is 13,200 pounds.
- The Ram 1500 has a towing capability of 12,750 pounds.
Safety and Technology
When looking at newer trucks, technology is an important feature. Additionally, with any car you are purchasing, you should always be looking into safety features.
- The F-150 uses a ten-speaker B&O™ Premium Audio System. There is an 8-inch productivity screen and AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ to allow for safer driving. Additionally, you will find the SecuriLock™ system that prevents theft. Androids and Apple phones are compatible with the cars entertainment system, as well as 4G LTE Wi-Fi. The F-150 has the hideaway step and handle located in the tailgate for easier access into the bed.
- The Ram 1500 has a 9-speaker audio system and a 12-inch display Uconnect® 4C navigation. A traction control system is available. As is a Sentry Key® theft deterrent system. Chrysler’s UConnect infotainment system is installed in the Ram 1500. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are also offered.
Interior Design and Quality
You can purchase either vehicle in a variety of trims, models, and capabilities. However, the F-150 is a better choice with its interior refinement and luxurious features.
- The F-150 has high-end Limited models with a panoramic moonroof, massaging seats, and the Bang & Olufsen sound system.
- The Ram 1500 feels aged on the interior with wood trim. However, there is the option of leather seats and leather trimmed interior.
These comparisons are just a few reasons that show us how superior a Ford F-150 truck can be. Design, quality, and other capabilities—the F-150 is the truck for you when you are ready for your new vehicle purchase. Whether you are looking for the latest technology under the hood or in the cabin, you will find it in a Ford F-150 truck. If you are interested in learning more about the Ford F-150, contact our team at Hawk Ford St. Charles to set up a test drive!